In 1928, after great efforts by immigrants and financial aid by the Japanese Government, the new site of Lima Nikko was inaugurated on Francisco Mariátegui Avenue in Jesús María, becoming the most important instruction center for Japanese descendants in Peru.
Lima Nikko came to be considered a model school and accommodated more than 1,600 students with a teaching staff of 50 teachers between Japanese and Peruvians. It imparted primary education to students of both sexes according to the official program of both countries and in Japanese and Spanish languages.
The Japanese courses were taught by teachers graduated from important educational centers of Japan and with official Japanese textbooks. They included subjects such as Language, History and Geography of Japan, Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Ethics (Shuushin), a course of great relevance, as it formed the “Japanese spirit.”
During World War II the school was confiscated and became the “Teresa González de Fanning” Public School for Girls.